Wednesday, September 23, 2009

How Does Our Garden Grow

(well I'm not sure if it will be doing much growing after this cool week)--but we took the plunge and became "gardeners" this summer. (I, unlike my parents, do not have much of a green thumb...I think my mom is always impressed when I keep a plant alive...and everytime she's over she lets me know my plants need watered). We moved tons of rocks from one side of our house, built a raised bed and hauled in a bunch of top soil to fill it. Then we planted tomatoes, peppers, radishes, lettuce, green beans, zuchinni, cucumbers and a pumpkin. Of course since we had so much work to do to put it in, our planting wasn't done until after the 4th of July. So we had a short growing season...and the weather has been weird this year anyway. Here's a few pics! Oh--and I'm thinking this may not have been the best garden spot--it gets quite a bit of shade from the fence and neighbors house...so all our work may have to be re-done some future year! (Sorry hunny!)
Ethan liked planting, watering, and picking...but still didn't want to try any of the veggies!
Our cucumbers were really yellow...and I realized I bought the "pickling" variety.
The only way Ethan would eat the veggies...the chocolate zuchini cupcakes w/ peanut butter frosting! Yum!!

2 comments:

Miffany said...

Those cupcakes sound delicious!

Eldredge's said...

Wow I am impressed! Your garden looks great!