Thursday, October 29, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Jon was doubtful of the weather predictions for a big snow...but my yard definitely looks like winter has arrived! And Ethan has had 2 days off of school because of the snow. Instead we've spent time: playing at Grandma's, baking pumpkin bread, playing games and watching movies (I'll admit one of them was The Santa Clause--it seems like it should be Christmas with all this snow). I think we got about 16 in--but then we also have some drifts that are 2 1/2 ft !
The boys and I also ventured out into the snow! It was Grant's 1st time really playing in the snow. Too bad it was so cold and windy--we didn' t stay out long!
In our backyard--you can see just a bit of the boys little slide!
Ethan helping to shovel--and my frozen pumpkins! Not sure we will be able to carve them now!
Grant enjoying the snow--I think I have a similar pic of Ethan at the same age (and in the same snowsuit)!
We hope everyone is warm and cozy today! And enjoying winter...I mean fall!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

That's alot of snow! I still can't believe it. Looks like fun!