Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Trip

As I mentioned previously, Jon and I had a vacation planned. We went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for a week--without our kids--and it was such a fun time!! Here are some pics from our trip.
Here's the beach right outside the hotel:




And the view from our room--nice ocean view--we often left the balcony door open at night to hear the waves


And the pool was an infinity edge one-not that you see it in this pic, but it was fun to look out at the ocean while swimming in non-salt water!


And here's looking back over the pool towards the resort


Besides just relaxing by the pool, sun bathing, sleeping in, eating out, swimming in the ocean and pool--we also did a few other activities.

We did a zip-line canopy tour (going from tree to tree in the jungle about 40-50 ft. up and hiking, and then rapelling down a couple times)--so much fun!! I thought I would be afraid of the heights--but it was thrilling! They don't let you take a camera--so your hands are free to hang on--so this is the best we have of that tour (the truck we rode in to get there--and afterwards next the the equipment-harnesses/helmets, etc)

We went on a sunset cruise that took us to a remote beach to have dinner and watch a cultural show--which was fun. This is looking at PV from our boat--on our way to the other beach



We were staying north of Puerto Vallarta (in Nuevo Vallarta) so one day we went to downtown PV to the Malecon (or boardwalk area). There were a lot more people there--but it was fun to see all the statues along the boardwalk.





And then one day we went on a snorkeling tour/visit to the small town of Yelapa. We had so much fun snorkeling--we were just sad it didn't last longer. And then we went on a hike through Yelapa up to a waterfall--fun, but we wish we would have picked a tour that did more snorkeling. (my camera's not waterproof--so no pics of the snorkeling)

this is Los Arcos National Park-- brown pelicans nest here and you can scuba dive here (we went south of here to snorkel)


We had a great time! Loved getting away from our responsibliites for a while, getting a good night's sleep for a week was awesome, everyone there assumed Jon spoke Spanish and that he was Hispanic, it's sad how little Spanish I remember when I took it for so many years, Jon got a nice dark tan while I burnt (owie), and by like day 5 or so I missed our boys--but they did great at home!
Now we've been home for just over a week and Jon is busy once again at work, and the boys are I are trying to figure out what our summer routine looks like.

4 comments:

Eldredge's said...

I want to go on vacation. Its looks like so much fun! It will be a while before we can leave our kids though. Glad you had fun!

Morgan Hagey said...

Oh fun! I bet it was heavenly to be childless for a bit. :)

Katherine said...

Oh PV!!! What a great vacation spot! Looks like you guys had a really great time :o) I'm glad you enjoyed the zip line -- it really is so amazing! See ya soon!

Diana Oedy said...

Looks like so much fun!! Cute pic's! I want to go :)