Some of the things we did were:
-A guess that smell/guess that taste game (they loved this!). I blindfolded the boys (except Grant took it off because it was "too dark" and then pulled out various herbs, spices and stuff from the fridge and pantry to have them smell or taste (ie., smell: pickles, oregano, vanilla, & cinnamon and taste: sugar, salt, lemon juice, peanut butter, unsweetened chocolate, chocolate chip, ketchup, & maple syrup). The boys enjoyed this one so much, they played it with Jon too!
-We played What's that Sound? It's an older Discovery Toys game that has a cd with various sounds and "bingo" type cards where you put a marker on the picture when you hear that sound. We also played an I-Spy game and Simon Says.
-Played with play-dough
-Painted with finger paint-Sang some "body" songs: Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and Hokey-Pokey
Other things we could have done: Make slime, draw a self portrait, walk on bubble wrap, or make "binoculars" out of a toilet paper/paper towel roll and go for a nature walk (we may end up doing this another week). I also didn't have Ethan do any writing practice this week. And our "field trip" consisted of watching our new back patio get poured!
Our books this week were:
-My Bones by Carol Lindeen
-My Body by Gladys Rosa-Mendoza
-Smelling by Rebecca Rissman
-Hearing by Rebecca Rissman
-Touching by Rebecca Rissman
-Healthy Habits by Rebecca Weber
-Sleepy Boy by Polly Kanevsky
-All of Me! a Book of Thanks by Molly Bang
-Look at You! a Baby Body Book by Kathy Henderson
-My Bones by Carol Lindeen
-My Body by Gladys Rosa-Mendoza
-Smelling by Rebecca Rissman
-Hearing by Rebecca Rissman
-Touching by Rebecca Rissman
-Healthy Habits by Rebecca Weber
-Sleepy Boy by Polly Kanevsky
-All of Me! a Book of Thanks by Molly Bang
-Look at You! a Baby Body Book by Kathy Henderson
-The Magic School Bus Comes to Its Senses by Kristin Earhart
-Guess What I Hear by Liesbet Slegers
-Guess What I See by Liesbet Slegers
-We've All Got Bellybuttons by David Martin
-Guess What I Hear by Liesbet Slegers
-Guess What I See by Liesbet Slegers
-We've All Got Bellybuttons by David Martin
No comments:
Post a Comment