Monday, November 7, 2011

Swim Boys

My boys love taking swim lessons and both are quite good for their age!  Here are some pics from our last session
Grant sitting in his class

Grant swimming with his instructor

Ethan swimming a lap in the big pool (all his lessons are in the big pool)

jumping in


 learning to dive

Grant's class went in the big pool too--but had to wear life jackets

I loved this note that Ethan's instructor wrote this note on his "report card": Ethan is fast becoming the swimmer we all want to be, I sort of pushed him hard this time to elevate his abilities; he is becoming smoother and more proficient in his freestyle.  Duration and distance is a concern for me, as I advance him to 4th [level 4].  But at his rate of improvement each time he swims I feel he will adapt to the challenge.  A good boy who minds well, with a sense of humor and personality.  I hope to teach him again. 

The instructor he had this time was great!  And I love that the note is so personal and meaningful--rather than just a generic "he was fun to have in class, keep up the good work!"  We liked Grant's instructor too--and he keeps getting better at swimming too!   

No comments: