Thursday, March 29, 2012

Funny Things They Say

I always tell myself I will remember and record when they say something funny--and then most times I probably don't!  But here are a few recent ones from Grant:

-A while back Jon's car was having problems with the battery, and before he got a new battery it died a couple different times and I had to help jump it.  So one time Grant was explaining to Ethan that Daddy's car was broken because "daddy jumped on it."   
-Grant was telling Jon about a fly that had gotten into the house and told him he needed to get the "killer" out to get it (the fly swatter). 
-Not really what he says, but at night when he wants to stall at bedtime he will ask what he should eat for breakfast the next day and won't lay down to sleep until we decide on a choice (usually a granola bar, yogurt, or waffle).
-The other morning, the boys climbed into bed with Jon and me to snuggle.  We only have a queen..and with me being pregnant, there really isn't much room, so of course Grant ended up saying "I'm so skished"
-We were driving beside a train and Grant asked if the "doctor" was on the train.  I said, I'm not sure which doctor would be on the train.  And he tells me the "train doctor."  Finally I realized he meant "conductor." 

Ethan's been doing lots of writing in Kindergarten--and we've been so impressed with what he writes about sometimes (and his spelling and handwriting are getting good too)!  These are a few of the sentences he's written this year:

-one day four fish were swimen intil thay so a pagwin (One day four fish were swimming until they saw a penguin)--the pic he drew with this one was pretty cute too!
-I love my fish even tho my fish is beb.  his name wus fircracr. he wus red and orange. (I love my fish even though my fish is dead.  His name was Firecracker.  He was red and orange.)
-Wen im seven I wel thro a pi in my moms fays she wil sa "ah." (When I'm seven I will throw a pie in my mom's face, she will say "ah")--not sure where he got this idea!! 
-Gosts are my frends.  I said "giv my a hug!" he said "I thc i wil." (Ghosts are my friends.  I said "give me a hug!" He said "I think I will.")
-I like that the brokows wun in the playoffs (I like that the Broncos won in the playoffs)--a while ago!
-I like pizze.  It is goud.  It is rile yumy and goud. (I like pizza.  It is good.  It is really yummy and good.)

2 comments:

Momma and Lexi said...

Love these! Your boys are so cute! :)

Brian (Gus) and Kathy (Kat) said...

This is wonderful! I keep a log of the funny things my kids say. Brian and I looked at it over spring break and laughed so hard!