Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Ding-Dong Joke

Ethan is such a crack up and enjoys jokes, so we thought we would teach him some. We had practiced a couple knock-knock jokes with him--including the one that goes "boo who?" "don't cry it's just a joke" (which was like my favorite one as a kid!). So then he started telling us a joke that goes something like this:

Ethan: Ding-dong. Who's there?
Us: Juba (no we didn't randomly pick to say this...Ethan told us what to say)
Ethan: Juba, hooba, zooba (again w/ the rhyming)
Us: (laugh) Ha, ha.
Ethan: Don't cry, it's just a joke

And here's a few more "Ethan-isms":

-He calls streets "aisles" and has a fairly good sense of direction/ability to recognize where he is. So we'll be driving and he says "this is Grandma's aisle" (and not just the street she lives on...but the street you turn on to get to her street).
-He refers to all fast food kid's meal prizes as "Happy Meals." And thinks he needs to individually order items for a meal. So I'll be in the drive-thru at Wendy's and Ethan is in the back yelling..."chicken nuggets, french fries, chocolate milk, a happy meal...you didn't say french fries...I want french fries too!"
-We recently got a cable receiver w/ a DVR in it (so we can record our shows--and I totally love it!). So Ethan and I watch the recorded Biggest Loser each week (he loves that show for some reason and asks to watch it most days) and when I fast-forward through the commercials, Ethan says "stop the crazy." I guess now that most kids don't have VCR's they don't know what fast-forwarding looks like.

1 comment:

Jean said...

R used to love to watch the biggest looser when she was 3 too! It was one of her favorite, we had to give it up when she suggested I should be on the show! stinkin kids LOL