Thursday, November 19, 2009

Silly sayings!

Kids say and do the funniest things! So many times Ethan has said something funny and I've thought--oh, I have to blog about that. Then the hard part is remembering it long enough to write it down--and then getting the time to put it in the blog. So...I'm a bit behind, but here are a few funnies courtesy of Ethan:


--we saw a limosuine and Ethan told me "look mom, it's an airplane with no wings!"

--I had just hung up the phone after talking with Jon and said something about forgetting to tell him something and Ethan tells me "uh-oh, forget-e-oh"

--we were discussing dinner ideas and I said, I think we'll do hamburger helper, he then told me he would be my hamburger helper--glad we're teaching him to be helpful! (Don't judge me foodies, ie. mom--usually I cook "real" meals!)
--My sister got the Rock Band video game this summer and we (jon, my siblings and me) have enjoyed playing it--we even have a cool band! Ethan's favorite song on there: "Lion or Tiger"--oh, you are unfamiliar with that one? Maybe you know it by it's other name "Eye of the Tiger"

--This is for my friend Janeen: apparently my kid has a thing for "foot photography" as well!

And just the other day Ethan was eating "petcils" (pretzels--but the way he says it, sounds similar to pencils) and came up with this!


And now about Grant--he doesn't really say funny things yet--but it is fun to see him communicate more with us!

--from this summer (about 13 mo. old): at the dinner table, he would point to what he wanted to eat! (I guess his G'pa Jim did the same thing at that age).

--he will bring me his shoes anytime he wants to go somewhere

--he brought me my cell phone and said "gamma"--all excited to talk to his grandma

He also (at 16 mo.) says: mama, dada, bubba (I think for brother), hi, uh-oh, up, gamma, gampa, bah (ball), uh-uh (while shaking his head no), --I have to think if there's more

And the other funny thing he does--he loves to eat and will often say "mmm, mmm, mmm" while he is eating!

He's a little ornery boy too--check out his new trick--he climbs on the chairs, table and even tried the counter today (luckily it was just a bit too high)--takes after G'ma Denise--who was quite the toddler climber!

This was another of his favorite past-times from this summer--until I got so tired of finding my pans all over the house and hearing the scaping of metal on tile (I actually have a video but won't submit you to listening to that sound--like nails on a chalkboard!)--so we found a lazy susan lock and childproofed most of the kitchen!

I hope everyone is having a nice fall! I can't believe Thanksgiving is already next week!! And I'm about to have my 1st blog-versary!

4 comments:

Manda said...

Those are so cute. I love it when kids say things that just crack me up. I am super impressed that Ethan made his name with pretzels!
Also, where did you get a lazy susan lock? That would be soooo nice!

Katherine said...

Hi Jen! I saw you mention your blog on facebook -- I hope it is okay to become a follower too :o) It's fun to read about what other families are up to. My daughter Grace is 14 months old and about the same age as Grant (I think) -- she definitely points to food when she is hungry (she can almost open the fridge!), stands at the door when she wants to go outside, etc .... I see a lot of similarities! Aren't they so much fun?! I have a blog too so feel free to follow our adventures if you like :o)

Jean said...

What a fun post. Your boys are so sweet! I wish we lived closer by for sure! I miss talking with you too. I'll have to initiate a game of phone tag soon...LOL

Eldredge's said...

He has a really nice foot! I wanted to ask you if you knew the girls that do Our Best Bites. I found their site a couple of months ago and love it.