My boys love books! Which is a good thing because I love them too--although the majority of my reading nowadays is textbooks or parenting/child related. We also love attending story-time at the library! It started when Ethan was less than a year old down in the Douglas Co. libraries with Miss Jo--she was so great with the kids! And while I'm not quite as impressed with the story time here--we still enjoy going weekly!
Because of our love of books, Ethan and I have put together a list of some of our favorites! If you're looking for some new ones, try looking for these at the library or bookstore! (and in case you don't know, at most libraries you can request books online--so you don't have to search the kids section while lugging your kids along!)
So here's our top 25 current favorites:
1. The Three Little Rigs by David Gordon: a takeoff from the 3 little pigs
2. Alpha Oops! The Day Z Went First by Alethea Kontis
3. Hickory Dickory Dock by Keith Baker
4. The Seals on the Bus by Lenny Hart
5. Piglet and Mama by Margaret Wild
6. Click, Clack Moo, Cows that Type by Doreen Cronin
7. Mouse's 1st books (a series with ones for the seasons and holidays) by Lauren Thompson
8. The Cow that Laid an Egg by Andy Cutbill
9. Big Wolf and Little Wolf by Sharon Phillips Denslow
10. Who Hoots? by Katie Davis
11. Maisy books (another series) by Lucy Cousins
12. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr., and John Archambault
13. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
14. Beetle Bop by Denise Fleming
15. Armadillo Rodeo by Jan Brett (we like her other books too!)
16. Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson (we love the series of books about Bear and his friends--and the illustrations by Jane Chapman are great too!)
17. I Love Trains by Philemon Sturges
18. Machines at Work by Byron Barton
19. Hello, Day! by Anita Lobel (great illustrations)
20. Pigs Over Denver by Kerry Lee MacLean (a must read-or buy-if you have ties to CO)
21. Hugs and Kisses by Christophe Loupy
22. When We're Together by Claire Freedman (another one illustrated by Jane Chapman)
23. What a Good Big Brother by Diane Wright Landolf
24. Stormy's Hat: Just Right for a Railroad Man by Eric A. Kimmel (based on a true story)
25. If You're Happy and You Know It by Jane Cabrera
Happy Reading!!
2 comments:
Hi Jennifer! Your blog is so cute...and you make the cutest little boys! It was fun seeing you again the other day, we'll have to get together again soon! Maybe we'll see each other at story time... I used to take the kids before we moved and I need to get back into the habit!
Hi Jen! I was looking at Kendra's blog and saw your comment! I love your list of books! I miss the days of taking my boys to story time!
Post a Comment