Wednesday, March 10, 2010

planning ahead

The other night, this was a conversation Ethan and Jon had:

Jon: Alright, now that we brushed your teeth it's time for bed.

E: I can't go to sleep. Dad I really can't go to sleep. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

Yes, he has decided right now that he wants to plan out his life! Or it could just be another stall tactic--he's been using a lot of those recently...need to go potty, need a drink, not tired, what's that sound, what's mom doing, let's talk about our day, etc.

By the way, his top 2 choices right now are: fireman or an "army man."


Ethan also informed me the other day that we should have 87 more babies! When we asked where they would sleep, he answered in Grant's bed, then changed his mind and thought we should build our house bigger. Then we asked him where they would fit in our car. And he thought we should get one of these:
That would have plenty of room for all those car seats, right?

3 comments:

Jean said...

R came hope with a school paper that was fill in the blank:
I would like 100......
her answer?
siblings:)
on Ethan's same page I guess:)

Jannie said...

That is so cute that he is already thinking about and planning for what he will be when he grows up! ...and so funny about the kids :) Thanks for telling me about your blog - it will be so fun to keep a little more updated with your life on this :)

Jannie said...

Oh...and I have a family blog, but it's private so let me know your email adress if you want an invite.