Friday, February 26, 2010

Counting down--for motivation

You may have noticed a couple count-downs on the right side of my blog.

This is my last semester of college (hooray--and finally!) and I am so eager to be done...talk about senioritis (don't remember it being so bad in high school)! I have 2 classes left before getting my degree--senior thesis (which includes writing and presenting a 20 + page research paper) and childhood and adolescent socialization (which is online but requires writing assignments every other week, reading 2 other books besides the text and writing book reviews and a small-ish research paper). So basically a lot of researching, reading and writing! Fun! I am making progress slowly but surely. I am ready to be done with the title "student." I thoroughly enjoy learning, reading, etc. But I am done with deadlines, required classes, required reading--basically I'm ready to learn what and when I want to! I'm not sure the exact day I'm officially done with finals--of course that will be a day of celebrating --so instead I'm counting down to my graduation day. You betcha I plan on walking after all the time/work/effort it has taken me to get this degree!

And the other countdown that I'm looking forward to is our vacation!!! As part of my graduation gift (and because they needed to use their timeshare week)--my parents are giving us a week at their timeshare--or wherever we want to switch it to. After some intense nights of researching and debating (not school related--rather took away from study time), we decided on Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Actually it's a bit further north along the coast in Nuevo Vallarta--but on the beach and looks great! Oh--and the best part is we are going sans kiddos! Yay--a week away just Jon and I! The sand, the ocean, the warm sunshine, the room-keeping...bring it on!

What a month May will be! Now if only I can survive until then!

No comments: