Wednesday, May 19, 2010

At Last

127 credits, 9 years, 7 moves, 3 schools and 2 kids later I am finally finished!

On Sunday I graduated with my bachelor's degree in Human Development from Metropolitan State College of Denver. I am so glad to be done.

And I am so thankful to all of my family and friends who supported me and encouraged me along the way! And a special thank-you to my mother-in-law, Janet, and sister, Joanna, who watched the boys these last couple years when I've had class, without which the road would have been much harder.

To my boys (big and little): Jon, Ethan and Grant --thank you for being patient when I've had work to do, loving me continually, and supporting my goals!




As for what lies ahead: a much anticipated trip to Mexico with Jon, enjoying the summer relaxing with my family, perhaps subbing at the grade school level starting in the fall, and mostly getting back to my favorite job: just being a mom!
Check out this handsome boy dreaming of the day he will graduate from college!

6 comments:

Nathaly Blalock said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! Such a huge accomplishment. I bet it feels awesome to be done!

Morgan Hagey said...

WOW! That is just awesome Jen. Congratulations. :)

Carolyn said...

Congrats!! What a great accomplishment. That is so exciting!!

Unknown said...

Hooray! Congratulations to you Jen!!

Brian (Gus) and Kathy (Kat) said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome! Whoohoo!!!!!

Momma and Lexi said...

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the summer :o)