Sunday, July 4, 2010

Knee High By the 4th of July

My grandparents live in Iowa--so I'd like to think I'm fairly familiar with corn. I'm always checking the corn at the store before buying it--and often get asked how to find a good ear. Here I am with my sisters after picking corn in Iowa while I was pregnant with Ethan.



Anyway--so there's a saying that for a good growing season corn should be "knee high by the 4th of July." This is the first year I've planted corn--but so far it looks good!



Here's how the rest of the garden is doing:

the tomatoes


the zuchinni


the pumpkin


Happy 4th of July! How blessed we are to live in this country!


1 comment:

Sorensens said...

Hey Jen!!!
How are things in Brighton? Your family looks like everyone is doing well. Texas is hotter than HOT, but we are loving being together as a family again. Hope all is well.
Jen Sorensen