Ethan's preschool took a field trip to a fun farm where we were able to ride out into the fields and pick vegetables--potatoes, carrots, Indian corn, sweet corn, cabbage, beets (ok, I didn't actually pick any of the beets), and pumpkins. We had a great time and this year since I knew we could take home something like 6 bags/person, I was prepared. We picked tons of potatoes and carrots. And I would have liked to pick more corn (so I could freeze it)--but that was harder to do as I was trying to make sure Ethan and the other kid I was supervising didn't get lost in the corn field, and I was checking the ears to make sure there weren't any bugs on them, and picking time at each place was limited anyway. We did pick around 10 lbs. of potatoes though!
And then we brought them home and had to scrub them off

Which of course leads to water ALL over...but at least it kept them busy and they like "helping"

And then tonight we made a yummy beef stew using some of our veggies--you can get the recipe
here.
Besides all the great produce, the farm also has old cars painted as many of the Cars movie characters, old tractors, old planes, kid-size mazes, huge dirt hills, a playground, an inflatable bounce pillow, piles of hay bales--so many things for a kid to see and do!
Ethan's cousin Preston goes to the same preschool, so they were able to enjoy the field trip together
No comments:
Post a Comment