I try to keep a record of all the funny things my kids say (when I remember). As I said in Grant's birthday post, he is the biggest crack-up in the family, but Ethan can be funny too!
Here are a few gems from the past few months!
Ethan:
-On our recent family trip to Galveston, he started referring to our hotel as our "home-tel"!
-Was explaining to me he could guess how someone felt because of their "face symbols" (I think he meant expressions)
Grant:
-Calls the Old Maid card game the "old lady game"
-Calls a trampoline a "jumpoline"
-If we see a fire truck zooming down the street with lights and sirens he's convinced they're on their way to rescue a cat out of a tree (he knows they put out fires too--but maybe that idea is too abstract?)
we bought him this Lego set for his birthday! (the fire chief is luring a cat out of a tree with a fish)
-Calls the kit-kat candy bars "kitty-kats"
-Went through a phase over the summer where anything he told me about, he'd finish by saying, "I read about it in the newspaper."
-Ethan was reading aloud the ingredient label for the salad dressings one night during dinner and after reading "xanthan gum", Grant took that to mean there is "bubble gum" in our salad dressing--and brought it up each time we had salad for the next month.
-Loves chocolate milk--it's pretty much the only way he'll drink milk. One day this fall he decided that rather than mix up a cup of it, he would just pour the chocolate syrup directly into the half full jug of milk and then he picks it up and starts shaking it, at which point I hear the sloshing sound and discover he's made chocolate milk for everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment