Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nature Spirits....

Last night I was out running errands (without any kids!) and was listening to the radio (Alice 105.9--I typically am listening to the station that plays Christmas songs--but there's a few songs I wish could be banned and had to listen to something else).

So the host has a guest on talking about "nature spirits"--as in gnomes, fairies and elves! Apparently "anyone" can see them and they're all around us. Especially this time of year because these nature spirits are attracted to Christmas lights. Gnomes like red and green lights since that's what color hats they wear...and you'll know you're seeing them if you see their white beard, or you can ask them to move (either out loud or in your head since they're telepathic!). And they can be found outdoors--or even in your house!

Ummm, riiiight! I guess I'm a bit of a skeptic! Sure I enjoyed watching "The Gnomemobile" as a kid and of course Santa has elves working for him...but I have yet to see the fairies circling my Christmas tree!

3 comments:

Eldredge's said...

how do people come up with this stuff? I am sad, no sightings here either.

Morgan Hagey said...

W.o.w. On the radio??? Crazy.

Jen said...

uh...yeah! I was like, for real? do we live in fantasy-land?