Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sick Day...

So all 3 of my boys (Jon and the "rowdies"--as my g'pa calls them!), have all been sick recently. Grant had actually been pretty much over a cold...but then his nose has started running again. And Jon last weekend felt bad and has had laryngitis since then. On Thursday night Ethan woke up in the middle of the night with a barking croup-like cough and saying his "mouth" hurt. Of course Ethan's had croup like 5 times in his lifetime--his doctor has said he's "croup-prone"! So at least we kinda know what to do/expect. (Apparently croup is just the normal cold germs, but they settle in your throat--so an adult gets laryngitis and a kid--w/ smaller airways gets croup).

I was thinking that I had lucked out and wasn't going to get sick. Then last night, I started getting a headache and feeling sinus pressure. And my body started feeling achy. Dang it--I was getting sick. So I tried some of my mom's "proven" remedies--the EmergenC stuff, the Odwalla immunity juice, and some of those zinc lozenges. One time overnight, I woke up feeling hot and dizzy. But since waking up this morning, I've felt mostly better--I still have a cold obviously but don't feel quite as awful.

We did opt out of going to church (me and the boys--Jon had to be there) because of the colds and also the weather here is nasty today. This morning with the wind chill it was like 20 degrees below zero!! Poor Ethan today is still feeling yucky. He's been coughing and whiny and has slept pretty much all morning. He had a fever of around 103, but at least with tylennol, it went down.

Hopefully these colds will go away and we can stay healthy! It's no fun having sick kids...or being a sick mommy or daddy!

No comments: