Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mothers

**disclaimer--yes, this seems a bit late, but I've had it typed up and saved and was waiting to find the right pics to add (I gave up on trying to find pics of us with our moms as kids). Plus any day is a good day to praise mothers!**

We had a nice Mother's Day--spending time as a family and visiting with both moms/grandmas. We're so blessed to have our moms and for all they continue to do for us. I'm grateful we live so close to both of our moms. My mom is one of my best friends and my mother-in-law is so wonderful to watch my boys once a week while I do school work or other stuff. I also appreciate all the other moms who influence our lives. At church, we had some great talks on mothers. And as I strive to have patience and be a good mom myself, this quote stood out to me:
"Pray deeply about your children and about your role as a mother. Parents can offer a unique and wonderful kind of prayer because they are praying to the Eternal Parent of us all. There is great power in a prayer that essentially says, “We are steward-parents over Thy children, Father; please help us to raise them as Thou wouldst want them raised.”
This is another favorite quote (which has been on my fridge for a couple years now):
"Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind”
--I need that kind of reminder/pick-me-up for the hectic days



1 comment:

Nathaly Blalock said...

Thanks for sharing those quotes, Jen. I need those on my fridge!!