Actually I mean the decade...(Jon's a big Conan fan!) I'm stealing this idea from my friend Kara--a little recap of the last decade!
It was fun for Jon and I to celebrate this new year's and reminisce over the last decade since New Year's Eve 1999 was our first one together! We were newly dating and spent the evening with Jon's brother, his girlfriend at the time, and some neighbors/friends of theirs.
2000: I was a jr. in high school. Jon went to school in Denver. My drama group went to the Fringe Festival in Scotland to perform Bye, Bye Birdie.
2001: I graduated from high school. Jon and I took a trip to the big island of Hawaii with his family. I started school at CSU that fall and Jon transfered up there too.
2002: Another year at CSU for both of us. We got engaged on the 4th of July.
2003: We adopted a kitty named Basil. Jon graduated with his BS in civil engineering. We got married in June. Jon took a job in Tyler, TX--so we moved 2 weeks after our wedding. We made lots of good friends in TX.
2004: We went to Hawaii (Oahu and Maui) for our official "honeymoon." We were sealed together in the Dallas, TX temple. I went to Tyler Junior College and worked at Payless and then Austin Bank. Jon worked at BWR and took a couple classes towards a masters. We adopted another kitty named Anise.
2005: We found out we were expecting our 1st baby and a week later bought our 1st house! A few months later, Jon decided he wasn't happy at his job and wanted to move back to Colorado. That summer we moved back to CO and lived with his parents while waiting for our house to sell. Ethan was born in Oct and our house finally sold in Nov.
2006: We moved to Highlands Ranch to be closer to Jon's work at BH. We enjoyed being closer to shops and restaurants and using the apartment pool! We took a trip back to TX to visit our friends!
2007: We took family trips to Albuquerque and California. Jon changed jobs to one in downtown Denver. I started school again (determined to finish my bachelors) at Metro and we found out we were expecting baby #2!
2008: We bought a house in our hometown. Grant was born in July--all the while we were busy with work and school.
2009: School, work, church, family activities-basically go, go, go! Ethan started preschool and loves it immensely.
So many changes in the last 10 years! I can't wait to see what the next 10 years brings for our family--although it's a bit scary to think I'll be 37 and have teenagers!
1 comment:
I think I might copy this too! What a cute idea:)
I never realized that we graduated the same year from high school. That's silly of me, but I guess I didn't realise that your birthday put you in my year in school even though you were a calender year before me. silly me :)
Post a Comment