Saturday, May 28, 2011

Best Summer Ever

In trying to decide how to plan our "Best Summer Ever," I have decided to do a weekly theme and then various activities, etc related to it. And I'm planning that each day of the week be a different activity.

Our weekly plans are:
Monday: Park Day (I'd like to try visiting various parks around our town--not just the neighborhood park; sometime bringing a picnic lunch, but always a chance to run around and play--and I guess if the weather doesn't cooperate then there is always the Chick-fil-a play area)
Tuesday: Library Day (Our local library is doing their kid's summer activities on these days--so we will go to those or at least go and check out new library books to read. And speaking of books--I am finding and reserving books to read each week that go along with our weekly theme.
Wednesday: Water Day (swimming at a local pool, running through sprinkler in the backyard, playing in the bathtub or some other type of water fun)
Thursday: Craft or Special Activity Day (playing a game, making a craft, something related to our theme)
Friday: "Field Trip" Day (go to the zoo, museum, nature walk--something fun! Although this might be moved to Saturday some weeks if we want Jon to join us. And Ethan thinks we need to visit the museum of nature and science three different weeks--for dinosaur week, space week and another one...we'll see!)

We started our 1st week on Monday--but I'm behind on blogging, so unless I catch up somewhere I'll just always blog the week after we do it. But I guess that way I might have pictures to include then!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

This is a great idea! Your boys will certainly have a fantastic summer :-) You're a great Mom!

PS: It would be a lot of fun to have you join us for Fun Friday's too!